TP-Link Deco AX3000 WiFi 6 Mesh

Just purchased the above and running off my Island. Enabled AP mode and all clients seamlessly connected configuring the new WAPs with the same SSID and password as the previous WAP. However, not very impressed with Speedtest results. Have an open support ticket with TP-link, but just want to rule out any connection to the Island. Backend running on Verizon FIOS 500GB. Any thoughts?

It should work fine; we've tested that exact configuration.  If you like, give us a shout and we could run a speedtest from Island just to make sure it's the Wi-Fi.  Either that or run the speed test from a wired client just to rule out anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your quick reply Lew. I’ve been away and haven’t checked in. I had opened up a support ticket with TP-Link and their final assessment was everything is working as expected. Before contacting them I did do what you have suggested and found the following:

- IOS devices were getting approximately 250 down and 300 up over WiFi

- Windows 11 laptop was getting 250 down and almost 500 up over WiFi 

- Windows 11 laptop was getting over 400 down and over 500 up directly connected to Deco LAN port

- Windows 11 laptop gets 506 down and 568 up directly connected to an Island port

At this point I have 25 devices all wirelessly connected with strong signals and no contentions. I Guess I was just expecting better going from a TP-Link AC1900 to the Deco X55. 

Yeah I would've thought it would be better.  My Spectrum is only 300 x 10, and I get about 350 x 10 through the Deco X55.

I should have Google in a few weeks, and will be able to try it with a faster Internet connection.